Technique Sessions: Get some new revelations on how good technique can benefit you! Open up a new world of possibilities in your playing and brush up on your fundamentals. Come with your technical and musical questions.
• Cello Technique Class/Viola Technique Class/ Violin Technique Class: Learn key aspects of technique specific to your instrument that will allow you to play with less pain, better accuracy and sound, and more freedom. Topcis covered may include relaxing & maintaining a loose bow arm, executing various bow strokes efficiently, relaxing the left hand to play with more consistent intonation, tips on shifting & vibrato, & more.
• Prerequisites for Everything An athlete never stops working on form and fundamentals; neither do we as string players. Revisit the foundational elements that affect every aspect of your playing, from intonation, vibrato, and speed, to tone, string crossings, and agility. Explore the big picture of your technique so you can improve, aovid injury, and feel better.
• Fit to be Toned We all want to sound good when we play. (When we don't, we're fit to be tied!) But how do we establish a healthy tone? Develop a heightened awareness of the elements that produce a great sound, and try out technique tips to grow and improve your tone. Learn good tone fitness to sound your best!
General Sessions: You'll explore general musical topics, ensemble skills, and other practical and helpful topics.
• Understanding Learning: I should be better than I am by now. Why is this so hard? Why am I making so many mistakes?
What you think affects how you learn.
What are the myths and truths that affect the learning process for adult string players? We'll introduce you to a healthy and productive physical, mental, and emotional approach to adult learning. You'll find yourselfl with more tools, more understanding, and more freedom to learn and grow on your instrument.
• An Experiential & Practical Exploration of the World of Conducting: Have you ever wanted to really gel in an orchestra or small ensemble? Hone your communication with your conductor and/or your fellow players? Be RIGHT TOGETHER?
Conductors often say "watch!", but there's so much waving going on. How exactly are we supposed to respond? Learn to translate and generate rhythmic and musical gestures so your ensemble will sound its best!
Playing Sessions: Nothing like playing that instrument. Join the fun!
• Chamber Music Coachings: Work with top quality chamber music performers & teachers to learn the secrets to great ensemble playing.
• Fiddling for Fun: Even if you've never played in a fiddle style before, try it out! Vibrant toe-tappin' fun, including Celtic, Old Time, & original fiddle styles.
• Chamber Music Reading: Enjoy some chamber music with your new musical friends, pressure-free!